Barrington, IL can be found 40 miles northwest of Chicago and is one of Illinois’ most family-friendly towns. At Mobile Storage Solutions, we service the Barrington, IL area alongside our other Chicago suburbs. So, we’re no stranger to the magic of Barrington’s people and the plentiful nature in that area.
More About Barrington, IL
Barrington, IL is widely considered to be one of Illinois’ most desirable locations to raise a family. It was founded in 1865 and is well-known for preserving its unique 19th century architecture throughout the town.
With high-end homes and vast natural spaces surrounding a calm, quiet downtown, Barrington delivers a unique, New England feel to the Midwest. The area is perhaps most remarked for its tranquil, quiet neighborhoods and quick access to large forest preserves. In fact, Barrington has been recognized by the Arbor Day Foundation as a “Tree City USA” every year since 1986. People who live there can connect with a city that’s preserved its history and natural beauty for all to enjoy.
Barrington, IL Weather
According to 2021 and 2022 data obtained from Weather Spark, Barrington experiences all four seasons, though some are more intense than others. The spring and fall months are reported to experience the mildest weather, though they are rainy. In the summer, the days are hot and humid with average temperatures peaking around 84°F. Finally, the most notable intense weather happens during the winters in Barrington. Expect the wintertime in this tranquil town to be cold and snowy; temperatures drop down to freezing from December to the end of February.
Though the weather can only be described as “classically midwestern,” it’s often mild, allowing families to explore the natural splendor in and around the Barrington area. Perhaps this is one of the most beautiful suburbs of Chicago; the breathtaking architecture and charm tends to make up for all the snow and humidity.
Unique Features and Attractions of Barrington, IL
Barrington, IL has plenty to offer for those looking to explore their nearby surroundings. Not only is it an hour from downtown Chicago, but it’s also got a bustling local culture and plenty of natural preservation. Here’s a list of the top attractions found in Barrington:
- The Catlow Theater: Not only is this spectacular location a movie theater, but it can be rented out to host any occasion.
- Battle House: What can be better than getting together with friends and family for an epic showdown of tactical laser tag?
- McGonigal’s Pub: Stop into Barrington’s beloved Irish pub while you explore the unique downtown architecture.
- Barrington History Museum: Discover the history of Barrington from its founding in 1865 all the way to modern times.
- Makray Memorial Golf Club & Course: You can book a tee time for golfing with family and friends on this breathtaking landscape, or you can host an event here.
- Baker’s Lake Nature Preserve: Discover what makes Barrington’s trees so well beloved. This 219-acre forest preserve includes a lake that houses one of the largest heron rookeries in the Midwest.
- Citizens Park: Take a scenic walk through this award-winning, 45-acre park located off Northwest Highway.
- Langendorf Park: Visit the home of the Barrington Park District. Langendorf Park features an aquatic center, playground, and golf course.
- Ron Beese Park: Take a trip with the family to enjoy the sprawling fields and numerous sports activities at this location
Barrington is well known for its family-friendly atmosphere, supported in part by its many nature-centric and accessible activities. It’s easy to find something for anyone – from interactive games to calm walks through the woods.
Best Neighborhoods in Barrington, IL
Using data obtained from Realtor.com, Barrington consists of five neighborhoods and has a median listing home price of $624K. It’s more expensive than surrounding areas with high-end homes that often sit on lots with vast natural spaces. Here are all five of Barrington’s neighborhoods:
- Fox Point
- Barrington Historic District
- Jewel Park
- Barrington Village Center
The Cost of Living in Barrington, IL
As mentioned previously, Barrington has high price tags associated with their home sales. In fact, national living cost data lists Barrington’s cost of living as higher than the national average. This is mostly due to housing costs, but also includes factors like food and entertainment.
There is reason for this, as Barrington offers old-world, downtown city charm alongside its mission of natural preservation. The downtown area is well supported by the city and residents can enjoy a 50-minute direct train ride to Chicago via the Metra Train. The location is highly desirable, and the homes are typically of high-end quality.
Storage, Residential, and Commercial Services for Barrington, IL
Are you in need of storage or residential services in the Barrington, IL and greater Chicago metropolitan areas? Allow Mobile Storage Solutions to be the answer to your problem. We provide the most convenient and cost-effective storage solutions to our Illinois customers looking for both long- and short-term storage.
Though our specialty is portable storage options, we offer the following services to our customers:
- Long- and short-term storage for consumer household goods. These can be stored on-site at your home or at our secure warehouse.
- Commercial storage services for companies that need more space for storing equipment, materials, tools, and more.
- Moving services for families and companies who need to transport their stored items. Our portable storage units can be delivered anywhere you need them to go.
To learn more or obtain a free quote, you can contact us at 224-249-6002. Alternatively, you can head to our website and fill out our form so we can give you a call and schedule your upcoming storage service!